- Black 180g 3x12" vinyl
- Includes all songs of the 'Zaubererbruder Live & Extended' concert
- Approx 2 1/2 hours playing time, including
- The three breathtaking new pieces 'Osternacht', 'Geh und heb dein Grab aus, mein Freund' and 'Der Letzte (Krabat-Reprise)'
- The reading 'Das andere Ende'
- Special sturdy gatefold with its own specially designed folding system
- 24 page booklet in 12" format (30 x 30 cm approx)
- avishly designed artwork:
- Includes numerous live photos
- Backstage impressions
- Lyrics to all songs, old and new!
- Double sided foldout poster (60 x 90 cm approx)
- Printed inner sleeves
- Printed vinyl labels
- Strictly limited to 666 copies worldwide
2018. The gothic novel rockers ASP embark on a concert tour that is really something special. For the occasion of the 10th anniversary of their work 'Zaubererbruder - Der Krabat-Liederzyklus', they present the complete double album live, in its entirety. The exceptional musicians brought reinforcements on board, in the form of three guest musicians, and spared no trouble or expense to preserve this memorable event for posterity.
Flashback. 2008. ASP release an extraordinary work: Across two CDs, singer and mastermind Asp Spreng relates his interpretations of the Sorbian legend of the apprentice sorcerer Krabat, clearly inspired by, yet also clearly differentiating itself from, Otfried Preußler's novel of the same name. The album turns out to be an enormous success, expanding the band's devoted fanbase, who from now on will come to follow the band's works. The blend of poetic maelstrom and musical versatility casts many under its spell - and since then it has never let them go. Not the listeners. And not the musicians.
The recording of the record tour 'Zaubererbruder live & extended' is now released as a live CD - The entire two and a half hours, during which concertgoers were able to join the band in revelling in their interpretations of the Krabat legend. Also included are the breathtaking new pieces 'Osternacht', 'Geh und heb dein Grab aus, mein Freund', 'Der Letzte (Krabat-Reprise)' and the reading 'Das andere Ende'. The full power of the rock band, plus the three guest musicians, was mixed with a great feel for the story by star producer Vincent Sorg (DIE TOTEN HOSEN, IN EXTREMO). Not only does the listener experience the pleasure of the concert, but also finds him or herself right in the middle of the gripping story that congenial compere Asp Spreng guides them through.
For the cover artwork, the band were able to recruit the original illustrator for the Krabat song cycle, meaning that Meran Karanitant's images round off this complete work of art.
Even after more than ten years, nobody will still be able to escape being cast under the spell of Krabat and his sorcerer brothers. Now it's time to experience the complete story. Again and again.